Thursday, February 10, 2011

How To Stop Lag Desmume

Buba and Blue Demon

The story is very simple
While editing some Conquer (Convention Quetzalcoatl: for decent people who do not know what these acronyms) prior to 2000, I made a small comic book with a circulation of just 100 copies. The book was called Buba and Blue Demon against philosophers postsocráticos and was a kind of chamber pot of ideas, poems, drawings, prose and how much bullshit was happening to me on the spot, and was also, in some way, a sketch of what would years later Flor de Adrenalina , only with philosophy as the main axis.
The edition was just list the final day of the fair comiquera (a Sunday, and I remember it because the crossbeam of the press were Chabelo In family) and there was no way to do any promotion. Sales were so low and the indifference of respectable so high that almost ended up giving away half of the lot who is neglected and the rest was lost on the way back to the studio-warehouse-commune-haven Dog Workshop (Debased that memorable final project in the hands of vile people).
For my part I was misleading the few remaining copies in one (s) of my many moves. And after that nothing was left of editorial effort, as noble as useless.
However, reading the pages that fortunately managed to scan, I realize that the project was fun and, what the truth- original. Well written and drawn as everything I do, and an economic failure as much as you do and that has to do with Bubba (that's one reason why they stop drawing, because it brings bad luck to my economy and my mood).




Masthead
Other projects that ran with the same fate: Metro God, Buba Metro, Metro Death (it is a only fanzine that you will not confuse the title) and 13 deaths Buba. Projects
exhausted and improbable re: Buba Volume 1 (2) Flower and Adrenalina. I mean for those surfers (good sea shipwrecked souls internet) who have asked where you can get These jewels of literature underground. The answer is simple but clear: none of the titles bubescos can already find.

But I should not complain. Better things were lost in the burning of the library of Alexandria or the written silence of Socrates.

Peace and love in this month's friendship. Back in March to return the slaughter. JQ



0 comments:

Post a Comment